How to navigate the website
- You can jump to a specific section of information by clicking on the tabs labelled above, such as Appointments, Opening Times or Contact Details. If you are on a smart phone, you can click on the Menu banner with an icon in the top right corner which looks like this ≡ to expand to see the main sections.
- More sections of information can be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the website, such as Minor Illness and Mendip Health Connectors.
- The Home page here contains our Welcome section and Working Days Daily New Update and any important recent information, which are currently regarding the following:
- Call First – Appointment System
- COVID Related Information
- Fundraising for the Coleford Food Bank
- We are in the process of updating the website so that the information is updated and re-organised, and making the layout clearer for smart mobile device users. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive, friendly, professional and personal primary health care service with time to discuss our patients’ health care concerns.
We will make it as easy as possible for our patients to make an appointment to see their doctor, nurse or other health care professional whilst meeting targets set by the Government.
We are actively involved in both the training and professional development of all members of the healthcare team. This includes undergraduate and post graduate training of both doctors and nurses.
We strive to be part of our local community and a centre for excellence in the provision of Primary Health Care with ‘in house’ provision of a range of medical services. We will provide this service by maintaining an efficient and effective business.
Working Days Daily News Update:
1. Live update:
- We have a new short video (with sound) that goes through some useful information about our email system and how you can use it as part of our service. Click here to watch.
2. Further news updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages
- Link to Facebook Link to Instagram We have started the cycles for our fundraising for the Coleford Food Bank! You can also see some of this on the News section of this website.
- We are looking into options of possibly embedding videos into the website so that information can be equally accessed on all sites. We thank you for your patience.
Call First – Appointment System
- New GP Appointment System Commencing 5th July 2021 - please see the Appointments section in the menu bar for more details, including the new patient online consultations, queries and requests.
- Our surgery has been designed to provide easy access for the disabled and the elderly. A wheelchair is available at reception. We also have a wheelchair available for short-term loans for patient use outside of the surgery (just ask at reception). Disabled ladies can be offered well woman care and smears at home if they are housebound. Hearing loops are on reception and a portable hearing loop can be taken into the consulting rooms.
COVID Related Information
- Patients with concerns that they may have or been in contact with a person who may have Corona Virus should contact NHS 111 for advice and not attend the practice or A&E.
- To reduce the risk of infection, GP’s and all other staff have been asked to minimise physical contact with patients such as shaking hands. Please also ensure that you cover your mouth/nose should you wish to cough or sneeze, and wash your hands afterwards.
- This will not affect any physical assessment of you as part of your care and treatment.
- Thank you for your understanding and co-operation
- Click here for information about Face Masks in GP surgeries
NHS COVID Pass - what you need to know
- Please see the attached information regarding the NHS COVID Pass which shows a patient's COVID-19 vaccination details or test results and is needed for foreign travel or attendance at events in England asking for proof of COVID-19 status.
- Practices might like to add the details to their websites or include a link to the same information on the CCG website.
COVID Vaccination Certification
- We are unable to issue this certificate at the practice. Please see here. Proof of your vaccination status will be available on the NHS app, which is also valuable for accessing your health records and ordering repeat prescriptions.
- The NHS app can be downloaded from here for iPhone or here for android. Alternatively you can call the NHS helpline on 119 (from 17 May) and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine, the letter may to take up to 5 days to reach you.
COVID vaccination program in Somerset
COVID vaccination queries
- If you have received a text message about booking your booster covid vaccine, you can do any 1 of the 3 things: email the email address on the text OR call the number given on the text OR book through the link if you have access to the internet.
National Covid-19 vaccination programme
- We know that people will be very keen to find out about our local plans for the vaccination program in Somerset. We are currently working together with our local health and care providers to develop a detailed Somerset-wide plan to deliver the vaccinations in a safe and effective way for the priority groups identified by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation. Click here to watch a short video about this
- Please do not contact the surgery directly – we will contact you when it is time to have your vaccination.
- For more information on the NHS Vaccination programme please click here.
Fundraising for the Coleford Food Bank
- We are continuing to fundraise for the Coleford Food Bank (please see our News section for more details) so we would be really grateful for any food or cash donations when you visit the surgery, or using the Just Giving page online by clicking here. Thank you very much for any contributions!
- We have been cycling our target miles everyday but not yet on the target donations. Please support us if you can.
(Site updated 26/11/2021)